Monday, August 3, 2009

"I Won't Forget You" by Poison

1987 was the year I discovered hair metal. And the awesomeness of dial MTV. Every night Adam Curry we bring us the greatest songs in the nation, voted on by we the public. The countdown at this time was primarily hair bands, with some Def Jam hip-hop mixed in (Run DMC and the Beastie Boys!). Because at the time I only knew of the pop radio stations (96TIC and Kiss 95.7), who rarely played any of the great rock starting to come up at the time, I devised a way to listen to this music all the time (without spending my hard earned paper route money on cassettes or records). Every night I'd watch MTV and hold a boombox up to the TV when a song I wanted came on. And pushed record. And for months I'd listen to all these terrible sounding recordings on this 1 90 minute tape I made. And everyday I'd come in to school and listen to "I Won't Forget You" by Poison with Nicole Rouleau while we helped watch the kindergarten kids each morning. She preferred "Talk Dirty to Me" but thought "I Won't Forget You" was pretty good too.

And in fact, I still have that tape I made.

Download: "I Won't Forget You"

No comments: