Friday, August 27, 2010

"Without a Sound" by Dinosaur Jr

In late August 1994, I went to college. I attended the University of Connecticut while most people I knew went to Central Connecticut State University. So thus, the first few days there, I really didn't know anyone. So I wandered a lot by myself in the beginning.

The first full day there, I rode my skateboard around campus and discovered a CD store on the far side. It was called "the Disc". We later affectionately referred to it as "the Dick". I spent lots of my hard earned money there in the 4.5 years I was at UConn.

The first time I walked in I bought 2 CDs: Mudhoney's "Superfuzz/Bigmuff" and Dinosaur Jr's then new album "Without a Sound". The Dinosaur Jr album cemented my love for the band and became an eternal soundtrack to late summer/early fall. It is a "September" album to me. I spent many fall afternoons sitting on Horse Barn Hill listening to this CD over and over and over again.

File:DinosaurJrWithoutASound.jpg

No comments: