Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"Drive" - by Deftones (bonus track from "Saturday Night Wrist")

So I was checking up on the Deftones new album yesterday on Wikipedia and happened to look through their discography. There I noticed in the "covers" section that they had covered "Drive" by the Cars. Apparently it was a bonus track if you bought all of "Saturday Night Wrist" from iTunes. Unable to purchase just the track alone from iTunes, I searched the music black market and behold, I found it.

And just like all of their other covers...shit is goooooood. Deftones do the best covers, because they make them their own. Even if they are performed rather faithfully to the original, the energy they bring to the songs is always magical. This song gives me the same chills that "No Ordinary Love" did the first time I heard it.

So yeah, no real story here. Just a rare track that I thought I'd share.

download "Drive"

1 comment:

Rutneskis said...

Slap that on your muxtape if you haven't already. They sure love the new wave. Have you heard they're covers of "to have and to hold" by depeche mode or "if only tonight we could sleep" by the cure? dark and murky shit. they also did a killer remix of skinny puppy's "spasmolytic."

-brad