Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Teas'n Pleas'n" by Dangerous Toys

I remember the day I saw Dangerous Toys for the first time. It was the summer of 1990. I had put on "Hard 60", MTV's 60 minutes of hard rock and metal every afternoon, to watch some of my favorite fist pounding videos. The "Teas'n Pleas'n" video came on and I was instantly hooked. The band looked like a fucked up version of Guns N' Roses. The band sounded like a fucked up version of Guns N' Roses. Hell the video even reminded me of a lesser version of the "Paradise City" video.

But it was awesome.

The sleazy breakdown. The gun cocking. Jason McMaster saying "man....I think I got the wroooooooong house!". Sleaze metal at it's finest.

My birthday soon approached and I asked my mother for their album. She took one look at the demonic jack in the box on the cover and promptly told me no, I would not be allowed to have such filth. But, sometime after my birthday, I was in a record store in Maine. I was eying the soundtrack to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie when my mother turned away. I quickly grabbed the Dangerous Toys album, slid it under the soundtrack, promptly gave both to the cashier, handed him my money, he bagged it up, and I was on my way. When my mother asked me what I bought, I showed her the turtles tape and left Dangerous Toys in the bag.

Damn, I was sneaky.

Download "Teas'n Pleas'n"

No comments: