Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Roll With It" by Steve Winwood

What can I say about this song?

It was the bane of my existence in 1988. That summer "Nothing But a Good Time" by Poison and "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard were ruling my universe. But one goddamn song was keeping my beloved pop metal from topping the charts. "Roll With It".

I didn't get it. Here was this old guy, who apparently had records since the 60's (trust me these days I know much more about Steve Winwood and have much more respect for the man) making this terrible, terrible adult contemporary music, and he was thwarting my favorite bands attempts at commanding the realm of Top 40.

All summer long.

It just wasn't fair. I mean, for fuck's sake, I believe his video was sepia toned and he was wearing fucking suspenders! FUCKING SUSPENDERS! (I haven't watched the video in about 20 years, so I could be completely wrong, but that's what I remember).

download "Roll With It"

No comments: