Monday, April 7, 2008

"No Soul" and "Shiksa (Girlfriend)" by Say Anything (from the album "In Defense of the Genre")

Say Anything is one of those bands that each album has 2 or 3 good songs on each album, and the rest is ok. Not bad, but just ok. But, goddamn, those 2 or 3 songs are always fucking hot tits!

So, there isn't any real story with these songs. I've read all of the articles on this band and Max Bemis, and although his bipolar disorder is interesting to read about, I guess I don't really care about how it relates to his band. Well, sure, it has to make a big impact on his songwriting, but part of me just doesn't care.

The album these songs are off of, "In Defense of the Genre", is a double album and really deserves my internal comparison to "Use Your Illusion I & 2". There's a whole lot of filler, and it could have been weaned down to make one awesome album, but instead is 2 discs of "meh".

But, let's get back to the fucking hot tits. "No Soul" and "Shiksa" are both awesome songs. Full of sunshiny spring and summer goodness.  They have both been in the "current hot mix" playlist on my iPod since I downloaded them last summer. So sit back and savor the goodness.

download "No Soul"


No comments: